Saturday, August 6, 2011

Olivia's Seizures

So the day they said might come, came yesterday.  As Olivia and her oldest sister Hannah were playing on the floor together, Livi all of the sudden went blank.  She looked like a ghost and was completely unresponsive to Hannah and Kelly for a minute or so.  Then all of the sudden she came out of it and looked and her mom and sister like, "Where did y'all come from?"  She went on playing and Kelly called Dr. LeBron.  They said to continue to monitor her and if it happened again to call.  Well around 7, they put her to bed with her bottle and walked out.  They knew Livi was drinking her bottle and watching tv and all of the sudden they heard a thud.  They ran in to find Livi laying against the crib.  One eye was open, one was closed.  The open eye was twitching.  Again she did not respond to her mommy or daddy trying to wake her.  Then all of the sudden she snapped out of it, but then just turned over and went back to sleep.  They called Dr. LeBron again and were told to bring her in.

Kelly rushed her to the ER and waited and waited. She finally consulted with neurology and they confirmed it was seizures as she had suspected. As of right now, there appears to be no damage, but doctors say it can take up to 72 hours after an episode for the damage to be seen. Therefore, Livi will have a followup cat scan and EEG next week.

Also, the malformation in her artery appears to have gotten bigger since her last CT scan. Doctors are saying it could be the cause of her seizure. At this point, they are at a loss. She is really too small to treat with seizure medications, so doctors are weighing the risks.

Please be in prayer for this little girl and her sweet family.As you can imagine the stress on Kelly and Jeff is enormous.   Hannah and Samantha were also both home to witness these seizures and are very worried about their sister.  As you can imagine, it was a very scary time.  Please pray for peace for the girls, and also that when this happens Livi won't be scared, that she will have some understanding that she is ok.  Doctors have said that these seizures will most likely continue although there is no way of predicting, when, where or how many. 

Please also be in prayer for the seizure dog. We have found a place in Houston that will train a dog in a matter of weeks. (most waiting lists are at least a year) This will be a little costly, so we plan on doing fundraising in the near future...more to come on this. Please also be on the lookout for a full bred, papered dog. It must be at least a year old and of golden retriever, labordor, or german sheperd breed. If you know anyone that would be willing to donate such an animal, please let us know. If we get a dog donated, that will reduce the costs as well.  Thank you so much and please, most importantly, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment